Pro Musica (University of Queensland)
The Queensland Pro Musica grew out of the Madrigal Group of QUMS, which began in 1952. It was conducted by Gordon Spearritt (later, Head of the Department of Music at the University of Queensland). In 1965, the group separated – amicably – from QUMS as the University Madrigal Singers. Charles Colman became musical director in 1972, at which time the group was known as the University Renaissance Musical Society. The choir adopted the name Pro Musica in 1975 with the appointment of Robert Boughen as Director, and he was succeeded in 1979 by Georg Tintner. Pro Musica affiliated with AICSA in 1979.